You have probably decided to propose to your lovely partner. For that, the first thing you need is a diamond ring sourced from the best sellers in Australia.
However, you feel scared to get into this due to the possibility of getting duped. Indeed, engagement rings in Australia are in abundance, but only certified ones are authentic. Buying one from an online retailer can be a better option as the price would be at least 30% less in the land down under.
Apart from these factors, there are other ways to avoid getting duped. Read on to learn more about Australian diamonds.
Online vs. offline retailer: Where should you buy the ring?
Learning about a diamond’s properties, usages and history can be uplifting. With that knowledge, you can easily choose a diamond retailer in Australia.
However, consider certain differentiating factors before making your decision.
|Buying Diamonds Online||Buying Diamonds from an Offline Retailer|
|Due to minimal overhead costs, online retailers offer lower prices.||Offline stores will charge you a premium to cover their payroll, inventory and storefront costs.|
|You can research well with reliable third-party information, allowing you to buy the diamond without any rush.||You might feel pressured to choose a store without looking at all your options.|
|Some online retailers will offer refunds in case your partner is not satisfied.||Physical stores might not have a refund policy for diamonds.|
Look at these aspects if you do not want to get duped.
Choosing the right one can be confusing, whether the world-famous Australian pink diamonds or the normal ones. It can especially be the case if you are a first-time buyer.
Hence, look at these factors before buying engagement rings in Australia:
- Clarity – You need to find a diamond that does not have inclusions or blemishes noticed by the naked eye.
- Cut quality – In Australia, you will find a majority of excellent round-cut diamonds and ideal cuts.
- Fluorescence – Find low fluorescence in colourless diamonds to ensure consistent brilliance and beauty.
- Certification – Independent laboratories evaluate diamonds and offer certificates like GIA, GLS or AGS.
- Carat – The diamond’s weight will depend on your budget, so the price will increase significantly if you get a bigger carat.
Apart from these factors, you should take the choosing process very slow. Finding the perfect ring can be time-consuming, especially if you buy it online.
How to tell if the diamond is fake or real?
Do not compromise on taking basic precautions while shopping for an engagement ring. To check its authenticity, try and perform these simple tests:
- Breath test – If you breathe on a natural diamond, the fog will instantly disappear from the surface as they are great heat conductors.
- Sandpaper test – Diamonds are the hardest mineral, so rubbing the surface with sandpaper will not affect a natural diamond.
The bottom line.
If you fail to choose the right features, there will be a massive difference in quality and beauty for engagement rings in Australia.
For example, look for the correct clarity, cut, fluorescence and carat. At the same time, you should focus on choosing a diamond with the proper certifications. Before analysing these factors, you must first select an online or offline shop.
Either way, try and perform the sandpaper and breath test to ensure its authenticity. Now, you are ready to buy the perfect diamond ring in Australia.